Sensors are differentiated depending on applied media. Light, one of the media, is also utilized for a sensor which is called a photoelectric sensor.
It is a non-contact type that is applicable to sensing the presence, passing, size, color and brightness of the target object.
The photoelectric sensors are classified into five categories based on working principles as follow;
- Diffuse reflective photoelectric sensor
- Retro-reflective photoelectric sensor
- Through-beam photoelectric sensor
- Distance-settable photoelectric sensor
- Limited-reflective photoelectric sensor
There are several different types of photoelectric sensors such as light curtain, fork sensor, optical window, color, contrast, laser, luminescence, fiber optic, light-band, and door sensors, which are utilized in numerous applications to meet the customers' requirements.