Air Flow Sensor
The airflow sensor is designed for systems that generate heat in the course of their operation and a steady flow of air is necessary to dissipate this heat generated. System reliability and safety could be jeopardized if this cooling airflow stops. The airflow sensor plugs into any of our intelligent SensorProbes, such as the SensorProbe2, the SensorProbe8, or any SecurityProbe. The sensor can be placed anywhere within 1,000 feet of the SensorProbe (5 ft cable provided). The Airflow sensor is placed in the path of the air stream, where the user can monitor the status and the amount of the flowing air. The sensorProbe displays this information using a graphical display via its web interface. In addition to an on/off indication, it also graphs the analog values over a period of time. If, for example, the fan slows down the user will be give an indication of change over time. This may happen if the fan close to failure or the air filter is clogged. In addition to a web interface an SNMP interface is provided for alarm/normal status and to get the current analog value. SNMP traps sent when critical. SNMP polling via get available. Web browser interface available. When an alarm condition is activated the description and location of the fault can be sent via email, page. Specifications & Features:
- CAT5 Enabled sensor allows you to add up to 1000' of CAT5 cable to the sensor (5 ft cable included).
- On/off alarm signal of airflow
- Airflow data graphically displayed of over time
- Accurate, cost effective flow sensing
- Operates from a single +5 V DC Power Supply which powered by the sensorProbe
- 2 LEDs indicate the status of Airflow and that the sensor is securely plugged into the sensorProbe
- Electronics mounted in a small plastic case
- Sensor type - open/closed contact switch
- Power source: powered by the sensorProbe. No additional power needed.
- sensorProbe autodetects the presence of the airflow sensor
- Up to 2 airflow sensors per sensorProbe2, 8 per sensorProbe8 and cameraProbe8
- Full autosense including disconnect alarm
- Data graphically displayed via a web page
- Data collection: via network management
- Measurement rate: one reading each second, data logging once per minute
- Sensor type: Thermistor
- Sensor power: line power from sensorProbe
- Communication cable: RJ-45 jack to sensorProbe
- Trap information: Warning sensor number,Sensor description, Airflow (%)
- Ambient range: -20°C to 85°C
More items… Can you submit more information?